Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Simple Days













A few Saturdays ago I caught Snapdragon lining up her babies for "circle time". She was reading them a story and singing songs with them. It was too cute. I sat at the top of the steps watching until she discovered me and then she started posing for the camera.

Buttercup has decided to be a big help and has actually already mowed the lawn twice for Lou. She does a great job. This past Monday she came home and did the front yard without even checking with Lou. She told me Dad would want her to do it because it was finally not raining.

Speaking of no rain, it rained for almost a week straight and I think we are going to get more today. Monday it was clear, so I took Snapdragon to the zoo for a little while. She loves to visit the pandas and watch the sea lion show. Of course, we have to ride the train and the carousel on every visit.

I have been getting quite a few sub jobs. I subbed yesterday and I will be at Buttercup's school for three days next week. I have decided to stick with the Catholic schools for now because between the five schools I personally visited to deliver my resume, they are keeping me busy enough and I would like to teach in a Catholic school again. Subbing just two days a week is enough for me. It allows me to meet more people, work on getting an "in" somewhere to get a full time teaching job again and get my teaching fix. I love to teach! I miss having my own classroom, but subbing is fun. I get to teach, but I don't have to do all the planning and grading!

No comments: