Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fun with Friends and Family and Busy,Busy, Busy

Dinosaur Exhibit at the Pink Palace Museum
Roasting marshmallows in the backyard with Buttercup's new BFF who lives down the street.

Bison at Shelby Farms


Ride 'em Aunt Debbie!


Picnic at Shelby Farms


Enjoying some blues after lunch on Beale Street.


Popsicle Picnic


Looking for frogs.


A hot day at the zoo!


Getting ready to enjoy a Memphis Redbirds game.


Playing at Mud Island.


Feeling the love from Mrs. Shine.



Too cute!



Haven't posted in awhile because we have been crazy busy having fun with visits from friends and family. Aunt Debbie came to spend a week and we just put Mrs. Shine and Evan on a plane home to California. We had a great time! We are excited about a return trip to Ridgecrest in March to visit with Mrs. Shine and our Ridgecrest friends.

I also had my second get together with my new friends at the Mom and Tot group from Saint Ann. We have some fun activities planned for us moms and our tots in the fall. I interviewed with the Diocese of Memphis to be a substitute this year (I even think I might have drop in child care worked out-I only plan to sub at St. Ann or St. Francis because they are close), signed up to be the Kindergarten CCD teacher at St. Ann, enrolled Snapdragon in a two day a week preschool at Saint Ann (the director put me on the sub list at the preschool-I can sub while Snapdragon is in her class), taught another audition class at a different dance studio (already investigated one and taught a class there). Buttercup and I think we have made a decision about which studio suits us best. It is nice to have options! We have been busy, busy, busy. School starts soon and this is the first year in a long while that I am not frantically preparing a classroom and lesson plans. It feels a little strange, but nice at the same time.

No comments: