Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bedroom Makeovers








My back and my knees hurt, but my children are happy! (Even if Snapdragon isn't showing it in the pictures...she wasn't in the mood for posing.) I spent my entire Saturday redoing bedrooms. This was sparked by Snapdragon's tansition from her toddler bed upon the arrival of her new furniture Friday. She has been in her room ever since we cleaned and decorated it!


Of course, Buttercup was a little on the jealous side and decided it was time to makeover her room. This involved a deep clean, removal of a bookcase, and a great deal of physical labor to move the furniture. The van was loaded for a trip to Goodwill. Then we made a quick trip to Pier One and that is where she bought her new teenage decor. I was hanging pictures and lanterns at 11:00 last night. She decided to pack up a great deal of her "little kid" memories. I spent this morning wrapping them in bubble wrap and putting them away.


The transition of both my little girls into "big girl bedrooms" was a little too much to take. I have to admit I cried a little when I was wrapping up some of Buttercup's little childhood treasures this morning and finally sent away all of the cribsheets that fit the toddler bed. Both of the girls are entering times of transition. One into an adorable, strong willed, energetic little girl leaving toddlerhood behind; and the other a beautiful, surprisingly clean and organized, responsible (with a bit of attitude mixed in) teenager. I know this is cheesy, but how blessed am I to have two wonderful and very different daughters!

No comments: